Is homework time becoming your least favorite time of day?
Neil McNerney, a licensed counselor and parenting expert, will show you ways to help your child do better in school without arguments, yelling, or guilt. In his 25 years working with school-age children and their parents, Neil has developed a powerful approach that will increase achievement and decrease aggravation!
HOMEWORK will guide you through a simple process to find a way to help your child based on which coping pattern your child is using. Most homework books are focused on study techniques. Homework focuses on how parents can be powerful leaders. It answers the most common questions parents ask:
- How do I help my stressed out child who takes school too seriously?
- What do I say when my child says “I don’t care” about school?
- How do I help my disorganized child without feeling like I am his secretary?
Praise for Homework
“Whether you have an anxious, disorganized or defiant child when it comes to doing schoolwork, McNerney’s C.A.L.M. method allows you to tailor your intervention to the specific style of your child. A great way to avoid nightly homework wars!”
- Thomas W. Phelan, PhD, author of 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 and Surviving Your Adolescents
“Neil is a gifted communicator, able to introduce ideas in a way that make perfect sense out of complicated dynamics, and leaves parents feeling renewed and ready for action. Neil is a professional worth watching and learning from. I know I have.”
- Hal Runkel, NY Times bestselling author of ScreamFree Parenting
“Neil McNerney gives practical plans for homework dilemmas I deal with as a teacher. Parents can put this easy-to-read and funny book into practice to help their kids. This is an excellent book!”
- Virginia Walker, Teacher, Blue Ridge Middle School, Purcellville, VA