I am skilled with various media formats, including Television Interviews, Radio, and Print. Please click on one of the links below for more information:
Praise for Homework
“Whether you have an anxious, disorganized or defiant child when it comes to schoolwork, McNerney’s C.A.L.M. method allows you to tailor your actions to the style of your child. A great way to avoid nightly homework wars!” – Thomas W. Phelan, PhD, author of 1-2-3 Magic and Surviving Your Adolescents
“As a licensed school counselor and someone who spends a lot of time working with families– I love this book & have been recommending it to parents, teachers, and school counselors.” – Emily Goodman-Scott, school counselor
“This book has given me so many useful ways of seeing things as well as tools I can use as a parent to help stay calm and connected during a time that causes both my husband and I a lot of stress. I love how the book walks me through a process of figuring out what kind of parent I need to be for each one of my four children who have very different styles.” – RayAnn Coy, mother
Neil answers these and many other tough parenting questions:
- When do I reward and when do I punish?
- How do I give advice without getting backtalk?
- How much should I review homework?
- How do I help my stressed out child who takes school too seriously?
- What do I say when my child says “I don’t care?”
- How do I help my disorganized child without feeling like I am his secretary?